his page attempts to list the bugs in the current version of the Indiana Jones software. I have been in contact with Williams regarding these bugs, and they are interested in hearing about them. Hopefully, someone there will be willing to take-on the project and give us one more revision that (hopefully) will eliminate most of the bugs. Cross your fingers!!
PLEASE... if you can verify these (or other) bugs in L-7, let me know! I want to get these to Williams as soon as possible. While it's not likely that they'll rev the software, we won't know until we try!
NOTE: Since Williams left the pinball business, you must obtain the ROM files from a 3rd party. Currently, the Internet Pinball Database hosts them. Older versions of the ROMs are available at that link, should you want them.
IJ Software version: L-7 (Download)
IJ Sound version: L-3 (Download)
- In Multi-Ball, "Ark" is misspelled as "Arc"
- In the Streets of Cairo mode, the monkey often sits between two boxes or even mysteriously transports from side to side of the display.
- After the first Multi-Ball, later Multi-Balls will not begin with Eternal Life lit, no matter what you set in the software. This is a real bummer when 2 of the 3 locked balls from the Idol go down the left outlane (as happened to me tonight!)
- When you get the Dogfight from Hand of Fate, the winged lights usually get screwed-up and have two flashing at once.
- During the Quick Multi-Ball and Well of Souls, you can sometimes lock ball(s). This appears to be related to the Hand of Fate awarding Quick Multi-Ball on the same shot that starts the Well of Souls mode. You don't get the QM, but the game gets pretty confused (lighting the Eternal Life, etc.)
- The 4th level of Choose Wisely takes so long, that the ball search is activated, and the ball is popped out of the mode saucer while the flippers are disabled. According to the revision history for the ROMs, the Choose Wisely level 3 problem has been fixed in L-7. Can anyone confirm this?
- The Path of Adventure modes interact badly with Multi-Ball. If you start Three Challenges or Steal the Stones and then Multi-Ball, the ramps will still rotate the modes lights. When Multi-Ball ends and the previously started mode finishes, whatever mode was flashing at the end of Multi-Ball will be marked as "finished" but the mode you actually played will still be unplayed.
- In the Mine Cart mode, the final bonus value is incorrectly calculated.
- The message "Lit loops worth up to ___" is misleading. The value shown is actually the base value of the lit loops. This value is then multiplied by consecutive lit loops.
- After you get the first Extra Ball and Pit value from the Path of Adventure, the lights will start to rotate. Unfortunately, they still do this during the Three Challenges mode -- even if you hit them in this mode, you don't get any credit for them.
- After the Eternal Life wizard mode, the game will often announce a bonus of 1 billion point but not actually give it to you. This wizard mode also tends to leave the Path of Adventure in a "confused" state and things don't work quite right from then on.
- Even though I'm running L-7/L-3 ROMs, I still get abnormally loud sound amplitude levels when the Castle Grunewald mode is activated. So far, the problem seems to only manifest itself during this mode.
- In Quick Multiball + Streets of Cairo, the mode was over and the display kept showing the monkey. The score was still updated though.
If you have any other bugs, corrections, comments, etc., please let me know. I would like to get this list as correct as possible with the hopes that maybe, someday, they will be fixed.